About 92nd Street Y
92nd Street Y (92Y) is a world-class nonprofit community and cultural center that connects people at every stage of life to the worlds of education, the arts, health and wellness, and Jewish life.
Through the breadth and depth of 92Y’s extraordinary programs, we enrich lives, create community, and elevate humanity. More than 300,000 people visit 92Y’s New York City venues annually, and millions more join us through the Internet, satellite broadcasts, and other digital media. A proudly Jewish organization since its founding in 1874, 92Y embraces its heritage and enthusiastically welcomes people of all backgrounds and perspectives.
92Y has a history of developing prestigious, innovative programs that champion intellectual inquiry, dialogue, and entrepreneurism, and that are global in scope. These include two fellowships in partnership with NYCEDC, among other 92Y global initiatives:
- 92Y Women inPower Fellowship : Women inPower is a unique Fellowship program that provides senior level women across all professional sectors in NYC the peer support, mentorship, training, and coaching needed to advance them to C-level positions, or the equivalent for their field.
- NYC Fashion Fellows: In 2013, NYCEDC and 92Y launched NYC Fashion Fellows, a year-long fellowship program designed to help rising stars in fashion management achieve the next stage of growth for their personal careers and their organizations and will strengthen the community of fashion professionals as a whole.
- Ford Motor Company International Fellowship: The Ford Motor Company International Fellowship was designed with the goal of enhancing the efforts of emerging leaders in developing communities throughout the world. To date, 274 Fellows from 69 countries have participated in the program.
- #GivingTuesday: Founded by 92Y, #GivingTuesday is a new global day of philanthropy that brings over 30,000 organizations from a variety of cultures and industries together for one purpose: to give back.
- Social Good Summit: The annual Social Good Summit was founded by 92Y, Mashable, and the United Nations Foundation. The Social Good Summit brings together leading new media voices and social entrepreneurs with the most influential advocates on international policy and development to openly discuss the biggest global challenges and solutions.
- S.H.E. Summit: In 2014, 92Y worked with social entrepreneur Claudia Chan on co-hosting the 2014 S.H.E. Summit, an annual women’s empowerment and lifestyle summit. The S.H.E. Summit explores key issues while inspiring social good and fostering generations of female leaders, entrepreneurs, and change makers.
92Y’s success and expertise in offering world-class programs and its extensive network of NYC business leaders and global connections, make this the ideal location to serve as a central networking and thought leadership hub for leaders around the world. Here, NYC Venture Fellows and Mentors will gain critical leadership training, network across sectors, engage with potential partners and entrepreneurs, and integrate into the 92Y community to access its substantive cultural offerings.
To learn more about 92Y’s programs visit www.92Y.org.